|Collect Rosenthal .com|
Fritz Thomas founded 'Porzellanfabrik Thomas & Ens' in Marktredwitz, Germany in 1904. His partner Ens was primarily an investor and left the day-to-day running of the business with Thomas.
In 1908 Ens left the company which enabled Rosenthal to become the major shareholder. 'Porzellanfabrik Thomas' operated as an independent subsidiary of Rosenthal.
In 1959/60 porcelain production was transferred to a new site in Speichersdorf (Upper Franconia) when lack of space became an issue. The Marktredwitz factory continued to be used for the production of technical ceramics.
Up to the 1980's the Thomas product range was predominantly influenced by Scandinavian design but during the 1990's adopted new design influences from London.
Below are some of the marks used by Thomas -